browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Anne Frank and PIC — Trinity Vannoy

Posted by on August 8, 2015

July 21, 2015

This morning was my favorite part of the trip so far. We started off early with a trip to the Anne Frank House. I have read this diary many times throughout my life and I watched the movie over and over again. The Holocaust is a very real part of history and I feel like learning about it only helps to prevent it from ever happening again. It was very emotional going through the house and seeing where Anne had written such a moving piece. The museum itself was very informational and had great artifacts displayed. I couldn’t believe that these very tiny rooms once hid Anne and 7 others. Seeing Anne’s art on the wall was the most touching to me. This girl was real, she lived just like we all do, yet was killed because she was Jewish. It makes me sick.

Later in the afternoon we went to the Prostitution Information Center for a tour and lecture. I had heard of Marissa Majoor before many times from documentaries, and to have her actually talk to us about the sex trade was very informational. I learned a lot about the Red Light District and how it functions. I think every country should take the Dutch system and implement it. The RLD is very safe and there are a lot of regulations for the women. If sex and prostitution are going to happen, which they are, we as a society should regulate it and help to keep it clean and organized.