browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Tomorrowland Weekend

Posted by on July 30, 2015

After a long night out on the town in Amsterdam, I woke up and we had our 3rd day of class. In class we talked more about the business side of prostitution and then talked about the coffee shops.  After class Brad, Drew and I had to depart immediately for Belgium for the weekend.  We arrived in Mechelen at around 5:00 and weren’t sure how to get to our hotel.  I asked a couple people around the station how to get to the holiday inn but none of them spoke very good English, so we just started walking around.  We luckily just walked up on the holiday inn after about 15 minutes.  We checked in and then went to eat dinner and walk around. We saw some really pretty buildings and a church with a huge tower.  We went to bed pretty early to rest up for tomorrowland.

Simply put Saturday was one of the best days of my life. We woke up around 8:30, got breakfast and caught a cab at 10. The cab took us to a bus and the bus got us to the main gate where we had to wait out in the rain for over an hour before the event opened.  We were all wearing tank tops and shorts and were absolutely freezing. I was mad because I told drew we should wear more clothes but he insisted otherwise.  Once we got in it started raining even harder as we franticly searched the grounds for ponchos and somewhere to buy clothes.  Once we found a store and I was able to buy a towel and a shirt the day started getting exponentially better. The rest of the day flew by as we went from stage to stage and met so many different people.  Once it got darker the main stage had more people in one place like that than I’ve ever seen before.  It was 100% worth the trip.

Sunday there really isn’t much to talk about. We were all sad that tomorrowland was over and at the same time exhausted. Our train got back to Amsterdam at around 6 pm and the rest of the night I rested.