browser icon
You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.

Tomorrowland 2015

Posted by on July 30, 2015

Saturday, July 25th, 2015

Nothing I write down here can do this day justice. The main reason I decided that I wanted to come on this trip was to attend Tomorrowland. In fact, I purchased my Tomorrowland ticket before paying the initial deposit for Amsterdam. It did not disappoint. Today was hands down, the greatest day and night of my life. It seemed like I blinked and it was over. Our day started at 8:00 in the morning and after showering and making a few mixed drinks, we headed downstairs for breakfast. We decided that carb loading was our best bet and ate a copious amount of bread and water. Following breakfast, we headed back up to the room to wait for our cab and get everything ready to go. We were some of the first people at the main entrance of Tomorrowland, as we arrived at 10:30, an hour and a half before the gates opened. It was 50-55 degrees out, windy, and raining; a bad start to the day even if you’re prepared and much worse when we had nothing on but tank tops and swimsuits. After being the first one inside the gate, our day began and we sprinted for the official store to find some ponchos and shirts for warmth. After we got warm, dry, and a few more drinks in us, the day started to take a great turn. We made our way to the main stage with Martin Solveig performing. Around noon, the crowd started to spill in as the weather cleared up. Graham and I made our way over to the “Super You and Me” stage to see The Chainsmokers who I’ve wanted to see live for some time. This stage was like an arena. There were covered decks on three sides of a pit (which we were in) and the stage surrounding the fourth side. The music blared and just before their big song came on, the sun peeked out and the whole crowd roared. We left with our ears ringing headed back towards the main stage. The rest of our day and night was filled at the main stage watching all kinds of huge EDM artists. As the night wore on, the hill surrounding the main stage pit was covered in people. I have never seen so many people in one place in my life. There were people from every nation imaginable. I took pictures with people from Brazil, Malta, France, Spain, America, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, and Colombia. As Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike finished their set at 3:30 in the morning, the final fireworks cracked above the stage. After what seemed like a minute, I marked another check next to my bucket list.