Today was the bike tour of Amsterdam with a conveniently timed stop at a local brewery. I, naturally, went for the beers with the highest alcohol content and ended up with the Columbus beer. As this was the first time I’ve ridden a bike in years, it started off pretty shaky and I was waiting for the inevitable ten bike pile up. Luckily, that never occurred. After the bike tour was finished I had my first overseas fish and chips experience at a restaurant adjacent to our building. Around 11:00 last night we went out to the bars/club. The atmosphere at the bars in Amsterdam is completely different from back home. The night ended around 4:00 in the morning after successfully navigating the streets of Amsterdam via the night bus.
- Food in Europe, no matter what it is, is better than the food in the U.S.
- Red and blue lights in the Red Light District are not a good thing.
- Tax is almost always included in the price
- People dress nicer to go shopping than they do to go to the clubs
- Crossing the street in Amsterdam is like playing a game of Frogger.